Home ShowTv I’m A Celeb bosses ‘spend thousands’ on camping gear to stop stars...

I’m A Celeb bosses ‘spend thousands’ on camping gear to stop stars freezing in Wales as they push on despite lockdown

- Advertisement -

I’M A Celebrity bosses have splashed a fortune on foul-weather gear for this year’s contestants.

Stars taking part in the show are likely to face sub-zero temperatures after it was moved from Australia to Wales due to the coronavirus pandemic.

This year's series is set at Gwrych Castle in north Wales

3

This year’s series is set at Gwrych Castle in north WalesCredit: Getty Images – Getty

ITV chiefs have now taken expert medical advice on how the celebs can avoid frostbite and hypothermia in the howling Welsh winter.

As a result, they have bought top-of-the range outdoor clothing, sleeping bags and even scores of insulating foil blankets usually used for marathon runners.

A telly source said: “The bosses are taking no chances and have bought the best of everything.

“It is one thing roughing it in the heat of Australia, but quite another kettle of fish in the Welsh countryside.

Bosses have 'spent thousands' on camping gear to avoid frostbite and hypothermia

3

Bosses have ‘spent thousands’ on camping gear to avoid frostbite and hypothermiaCredit: Getty Images – Getty

“They’ve taken medical advice on the risks posed by the cold weather and have stocked up on appropriate clothing and bedding.”

This year’s version of I’m A Celebrity promises to be no picnic as the celebs huddle in the ruins of a draughty Gwrych Castle near Abergele, north Wales.

Contestants are set to be battered by strong winds, heavy rain and even snow as they star in the show.

Long-range weather calculations predict days of leaden 100 per cent cloud cover, with temperatures struggling to get above zero.

The show has been moved from Australia to Wales amid the coronavirus pandemic

3

The show has been moved from Australia to Wales amid the coronavirus pandemic

Experts also say 35mph winds are set to whistle through the ramparts of the semi-ruined pile and days of rain and even snow are on metrological menu.

Top TV survivalist Bear Grylls has warned this year’s crop of contestants that roughing it in Wales will present the top-rated show’s biggest challenge date.

“The bad weather in Wales will be brutal,” said the 46-year-old former SAS serviceman, who has previously run survival academies around Snowdonia in Wales.

“You get persistent wind and rain and that makes people cold, fast. Contestants should not underestimate it.”

Meanwhile, it has also been confirmed that a five-pound-a-head nearby petting farm will be used as an additional site for the 2020 series.

I’m A Celebrity line-up is complete – and stars are ‘excited’ for first ever UK series, confirms ITV boss
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

Technological Armageddon: A Wake-Up Call | Tony Jeton Selimi | TEDxWilmington

In this talk “Technological Armageddon: A Wake-Up Call” Tony Jeton Selimi explains conscious artificial super intelligence technology (CASIT). Tony explains the ramifications of how...
- Advertisement -

Boy, 12, and tour guide have limbs ripped off in Egypt shark attack

An Oceanic Whitetip shark, which is thought to have attacked the group in the Red Sea (Picture: Getty Images) A 12-year-old boy lost an arm and an Egyptian tour guide a leg in a shark attack off the coast of Egypt. Two tourists, a mother and son, and their tour guide were snorkelling in the Red Sea in the resort of Sharm El-Sheikh when the attack happened, the country’s Environment Ministry said. They were rushed to hospital. An initial investigation into Sunday’s attack at Ras Mohammed National Park showed it involved a two-meter (six-foot) long Oceanic Whitetip shark, the ministry added. The boy is now in intensive care and surgery failed to save his arm, according to Ukraine’s State Agency for the Development of Tourism. An anonymous Egyptian health official said the guide had lost a leg, while the mother suffered minor injuries. Officials have closed the area of the national park where the attack took place. Shark attacks have been rare in the Red Sea coastal region of Egypt i..

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe ‘told to pack bag for prison return’ over new charge

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe could spend years more in jail (Picture: PA) A British-Iranian mother who has been detained in Iran since 2016 has been summoned to court to face fresh charges, according to her family. Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who was released to house arrest in March due to the coronavirus outbreak, was told to ‘pack a bag’ as she would be returning to prison after the hearing on Monday, her husband claims. The mother-of-one is nearing the end of a five-year sentence over allegations of plotting to overthrow the Iranian government. She has always denied the charges. The summons came on Tuesday after it emerged that a UK court hearing on a debt owed to Iran, due to start on November 3, had been postponed for six months. Her husband Richard Ratcliffe said: ‘We don’t know what will happen on Monday, we don’t know how far and how soon they will take forward their prison threat. ‘But we do know that the Revolutionary Guard are signalling something to the British governme..

Who is in The Repair Shop cast?

THE Repair Shop sees experts work their magic repairing and restoring antiques to their former glory. The team have a wealth of expertise,...

Related News

Technological Armageddon: A Wake-Up Call | Tony Jeton Selimi | TEDxWilmington

In this talk “Technological Armageddon: A Wake-Up Call” Tony Jeton Selimi explains conscious artificial super intelligence technology (CASIT). Tony explains the ramifications of how...

Boy, 12, and tour guide have limbs ripped off in Egypt shark attack

An Oceanic Whitetip shark, which is thought to have attacked the group in the Red Sea (Picture: Getty Images) A 12-year-old boy lost an arm and an Egyptian tour guide a leg in a shark attack off the coast of Egypt. Two tourists, a mother and son, and their tour guide were snorkelling in the Red Sea in the resort of Sharm El-Sheikh when the attack happened, the country’s Environment Ministry said. They were rushed to hospital. An initial investigation into Sunday’s attack at Ras Mohammed National Park showed it involved a two-meter (six-foot) long Oceanic Whitetip shark, the ministry added. The boy is now in intensive care and surgery failed to save his arm, according to Ukraine’s State Agency for the Development of Tourism. An anonymous Egyptian health official said the guide had lost a leg, while the mother suffered minor injuries. Officials have closed the area of the national park where the attack took place. Shark attacks have been rare in the Red Sea coastal region of Egypt i..

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe ‘told to pack bag for prison return’ over new charge

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe could spend years more in jail (Picture: PA) A British-Iranian mother who has been detained in Iran since 2016 has been summoned to court to face fresh charges, according to her family. Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who was released to house arrest in March due to the coronavirus outbreak, was told to ‘pack a bag’ as she would be returning to prison after the hearing on Monday, her husband claims. The mother-of-one is nearing the end of a five-year sentence over allegations of plotting to overthrow the Iranian government. She has always denied the charges. The summons came on Tuesday after it emerged that a UK court hearing on a debt owed to Iran, due to start on November 3, had been postponed for six months. Her husband Richard Ratcliffe said: ‘We don’t know what will happen on Monday, we don’t know how far and how soon they will take forward their prison threat. ‘But we do know that the Revolutionary Guard are signalling something to the British governme..

Who is in The Repair Shop cast?

THE Repair Shop sees experts work their magic repairing and restoring antiques to their former glory. The team have a wealth of expertise,...

Who is The Repair Shop host Jay Blades and how old is he?

Jay Blades is a social entrepreneur and designer. He is the host of BBC show The Repair Shop and has also stars in Money for Nothing. Jay Blades...
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

%d bloggers like this: